Thursday, January 15, 2015

Micah's Birthday and Projects

My little Micah turned 5 last wednesday (the 7th), and it's really hard to believe he's getting so big already. Except that he still weigh's little more than a feather. Haha! I wanted to make it special for him since I wasn't planning on a party with friends, so we made personal pan pizzas, played games, roasted marshmallows in the fireplace while I read more from our latest book, Peter Pan. You know, I've never read that story before and never realized how violent the pirates are. I didn't realize there was actual killing in the book, so instead of saying someone killed someone, I (very cowardly) changed the words to "knocked them out". LoL Anyway, Micah really enjoyed his birthday and I wanted to share some pictures of everything we did.
 It was very hard to get all the kids in a picture together, especially Grace.... this is the best I could get!
 I made butterfinger cupcakes which the kids loved!
 Micah got a remote control car, and as soon as he opened it he didn't want to do anything else.

 My canopy bed! Taadaa!


4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Micah! Looks like your making good memories with the kids.....love the bed. Did you make the canopy thing? Looks cozy.
    Love ya
    Auntie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I made the canopy bed out of old 2x4's, white paint, and curtains! haha It turned out pretty nice.

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed your pictures. Making memory

    ReplyDelete