Wednesday, November 19, 2014

So Much To Do, So little Time

I know some of you are a little upset at me for not posting for awhile, I've just been too busy (or lazy) to fool with a blog. Anyway, we had a fall party with friends on Saturday, November 8. Most people didn't show up until after dark so I wasn't able to get very good pictures, so I made up for it by taking some pictures of things on Sunday!






I'm also really in the mood for Christmas this year, and I've started some projects that I've wanted to do for awhile. I can bundle it all up for you in two words: Nativity Scene! The only one I've had for awhile now is a cheap set from a dollar store that I bought a couple years ago, and I really wanted to make something truly inspiring for Christmas. So, I made a paper mache cave with chicken wire and newspaper. We only started the project today so I can only show pics of what it looks like to start. I also made the Inn, and am thinking about making a couple more buildings, but maybe I'll stick with what I have. We'll see....so there it is! I'll keep ya'll posted on how things are turning out.







Oh, by the way, I just made this baby quilt for a friend that I thought I'd show you. What do you think? I kind of improvised on the back of it, and I'm not sure I like the colors together. It did turn out cute and soft, though. I used left over material to make a couple burp cloths, too.



1 comment:

  1. Hey finally a post from Texas! Cant wait to see the Nativity Scene...be sure and post again when its done. I like the baby quilt and burp cloths! good job! Don't let the kids forget me.....
    Auntie Melissa

    ReplyDelete